8 weeks | ONLINE
UX & Research
8 week course around the foundation of UX. Students will get a professional knowledge of UX principles and best practices, importance of user and customer experience. Join a real time, online classroom training and learn about user focused design thinking methodology, research techniques, the prototyping and the testing process. Also learn about how to acquire more real life skills through our practical based learning curve. This course is recommended for individuals who want to learn UX and UI.
UX & Research
UX & Research
Join a real time, online classroom course where you can learn new skills in User Experience design directly from our experts, you can consult with industry pros and finally you can learn about UX in a real collaborative Agile/Scrum environment and practice on real projects.
During the training, you will get theoretical and practical knowledge as well around UX best practices, UI basics, research principles and methodologies, wire-framing and prototyping tools, collaboration, communication and organisation skills, also about how to understand and solve complex multifaceted problems. We also teach you how to use this proactive problem solving attitude and approach to build better products and services.
To be a good UX designer, you need more than just theoretical knowledge, you need deep project and work experience, understand agile and the whole development process. A good UX designer has special skills as well such as empathy, ability to recognise, uncover and resolve problems, ability to complex thinking and simplification and design thinking. We will teach you how to develop this attitude, how to use these unique skills then you will be able to bring special and priceless knowledge to the future table.
After the theory modules, you will be the part of a real UX and research project from the brainstorming phase through the research, user journeys to the high fidelity prototyping and you will be involved in the full UX lifecycle. This practice based learning curve will help you to be prepared for your future UX job and help you to build a high quality portfolio.
UX & Research
4 weeks theory
4 weeks practice
real life skills
about the course
We recommend this course for future user experience designers, beginners, but it’s also helpful to anybody who is already working in/around development, digital transformation and want to learn more in user experience design, customer experience, design thinking, user research: development team leaders, business stakeholders, who want to understand UX and UI in context.
This course is recommended for individuals who want to learn UX and UI and designed for individuals and/or small teams.
The learning curve and the content of the course has been designed to help, improve, understand and adapt design thinking and user experience design.
During the training, students will get theoretical and practical lectures as well from UX and UI, user and research principles, collaboration, communication and organisation skills, stakeholder management, how to understand and solve complex multifaceted problems and proactive problem solving attitude and approach to build better products and services. This practice based learning curve will help to prepare for your job and help to build a high quality portfolio.
- What is user experience? – Functional and experience design and the design process
- Technology and complexity and usability – Why UX became a necessity?
- Understand the users: goals, behaviours, context and mental models
- Planning a research: Hypothesis and assumptions
- Research techniques: Qualitative and Quantitative
- Research analysis: Identifying patterns, creating a persona, scenarios and journeys
- Interaction design: concept models, information hierarchy and flow
- Interfaces and navigation: storyboards and wireframes
- Prototyping: Prototyping tools, building a prototype
- Usability and accessibility – Planning your test, creating test scenarios
- Agile principles – Anatomy of a modern development environment
- Agile methods: Scrum, Kanban and the others
- Ceremonies & roles Sprinting: Release
- Planning and Tracking Progress
- Tools: Jira, Confluence and task management
- Testing principles: measure the success
- Essence of Agile, other methodologies
- 4 weeks practical experience on a real life project
This course is 8 weeks of live online classroom, including theory and lots of practical examples from the real world, but totally tailor made and bespoke designed for every training. The total hours depend on you as well, but around 120-150 hours. If you join us you will learn how UX and Agile works.
- 8 hours theory (weekly for 4 weeks)
- 30 mins Scrum meeting (daily, 4 weeks)
- 1-2 personal development (daily, 4 weeks)
- 30 mins free consultation time (weekly, 4 weeks)
During the training, you will be the part of a real development team and serve as junior UX designers in a collaborative and creative environment for 4 weeks on a real life project that you can use in your portfolio. After the course, you will get a UX Guerrilla Academy Certificate which proves that you participated at this course.
Limited number of training
seats are available
Book your place now!
What Our Students Say
“I learned a lot of this course. Thanks for the great experience and the opportunity to try myself, now I’ve got enough confidence to start a new career in UX design.”